Tuesday 1 March 2016

It has been a Year!!




On March 18th 2015 I posted my very first movie review to this blog, Cinderella.

There have been some up's and downs since then as I worked through many different factors. In spite of personal struggles as well as outside struggles, I have made it 1 full year of doing this blog. 

I would not be here now if it had not been for amazing community and family support, so I want to say...


In honor of this achievement I have decided to have a big celebration. What better way to celebrate than to give back to the community that has supported you?

Over this entire month I will be collecting food donations for the St. Vincent DePaul Society to feed those people who have so much less. Every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 4pm - 8pm, and Saturdays from 2pm-8pm, one of my family members or friends will be down at the local Movie Theater collecting this food. For every donation made, you will receive an entry form. It is that simple.

I have decided that there could be more help given. For the past 3 years I have watched my Aunt fight Cervical Cancer, and during the past few months we have been given the news that she is losing that battle. It has been hard but the local Cancer Clinic has always been there to help her and I want to give back to them as well. My Mother is a member of the HYPG Dream Team for the Relay for Life and for every $5+ donation made to her in this fight against cancer you will also receive an entry form. If you can't make it down to bring a donation you are still able to donate to her online page and make sure to let us see your name to get an entry in the draw. It is also very simple.

 You can also get a bonus entry for becoming a follower of my blog and answering weekly trivia questions I will include in my review that week. The comments will be posted after the draw has been done to help keep this fair and honest.

What are the entries for you ask?

Let me tell you!

I will be having 6, yes 6, giveaways this month!!

There will be 4 weekly prizes drawn on the 9th, the 16th, the 23rd, and the 30th.
There will be a special 1 day giveaway on March 18th to celebrate the official first blog entry.
To top it off all entries will go into one big pot for a Grand Prize Draw on March 31st.
The weekly draws will be announced with every new blog post on each Wednesday starting tomorrow. 
The March 18th prizes will be announced in a separate blog post soon, keep watching for that.
However, I don't want to leave you completely in the dark so I will tell you right now what the Grand Prize Draw will include.
You will receive 2 passes to go watch any movie at the Cineplex Theater. You might want to eat before or after you go so there is also $50 to Mr. Mikes for a great dinner. Now that you have had a great dinner and watched a good movie you need to top off your night. So why not head over to Menchies with your $30 gift card. Watching the movie also inspired you to take a vacation somewhere, why not head to Calgary, Alberta and enjoy a 1 night stay in a Jacuzzi suite at Sandman Hotel & Suites Calgary Airport with a $40 gift card for the Moxies restaurant in the hotel. When you get back home your going to want to keep that relaxed feeling with a home spa gift basket from Tamara's Watkins that includes some bumbleberry wine from the Northern Lights Estate Winery.

So to recap, you get 2 movie passes, $50 to Mr. Mike's, a Menchies gift card, 1 night stay in a Jacuzzi suite and $40 gift card to Moxies at the Sandman Hotel & Suites Calgary Airport in Calgary, Alberta, and a Watkins gift basket that includes some Bumbleberry wine from the Northern Light Estate Winery.

Are you not excited? I am.

Many people and companies have come together to support this event and I ask you to please show them how grateful we are by visiting their pages and giving them a like or a comment.

The Famous Players 6 Theater, especially Devin Petch the GM
The Administrators for the HYPG! Facebook page
PG Minitmag owner Dennis Chapman
Bites of Bliss owner Cindy Klassen
Kathleen Rossel with Kay Ross Photography
Prince George Menchies owners Ben and Margaret 
And Monica Peacock owner of the The Inn Flower Place

No comments:

Post a Comment