Wednesday 22 June 2016

Movie Review: Central Intelligence




As some of you may have noticed, this is my second blog post this week. I decided to try doing two posts this week because I couldn't choose between which one I wanted to watch, so I went and watched both. This weeks other movie is Central Intelligence, which I don't know how to describe in one sentence. But, I hope you enjoy my review on it anyways.

The movie starts back in 1996 in the boys locker room where a young and fat Robbie Weirdicht (played by Dwayne Johnson) is singing and dancing in the school shower. Soon we see the school bully Trevor (played by Jason Bateman) standing there with friends watching Robbie shower. After some cruel laughing and comments we see them rush Robbie.

Meanwhile, in the gym, they are having a senior class assembly where Calvin Joiner (played by Kevin Hart) is being honored for being student of the year, and voted most likely to succeed. As the principal goes into a cheesy talk about Calvin being his all time favorite student and giving him a trophy, the gym doors burst open. Running through is Trevor and the other guys carrying a naked Robbie and throwing him across the floor. While almost everyone else laughs, Calvin is the only person to be kind and gives Robbie his jacket to cover up as much as he can so he can leave.

The acting was over the top, over done and cheesy, and it was perfect for this movie. Kevin Hart and Dwayne Johnson made a great comedic pair. They played well off each other and I enjoyed how they made the size difference between them work to their advantage.


The story plot had me confused as to what was going on at times, but with the characters and situations it made sense as to how they didn't make sense. Of course it is a completely outrageous story line with realistic and unrealistic situations, but that is what we look for in a good action comedy. However, the message of this movie is about over coming bullies and being happy with who you are, but with a good sense of action and comedy attached.

Overall, the acting was well done for this movie, and the message was clear to see. I think that there should be more movies like this one, and that's why I would rate this movie 8.7/10.



No comments:

Post a Comment