Wednesday 10 June 2015

Movie Review: Spy





So for this review I decided to go watch the new movie Spy. But before I get to the review, you should probably know that this movie does have a lot of swear words and a scene where you see a man’s private area. This means I do not recommend taking young children to this movie.
 Thanks!

The movie starts at a gathering where Bradley Fine (played by Jude Law) is on a mission to find out the location of a nuke. He is to interrogate someone who wants to sell it for a lot of money and is one of the only two people who know where it’s hidden. As he interrogates him, he sneezes and shoots him, which you can see in the commercials. Talking in his ear is his CIA analyst counterpart Susan Cooper (played by Melissa McCarthy) and she helps get him out of trouble by keeping him informed of people in his path so that he knows when and where to go.

Later, while on a different mission to find the nuke, everything gets compromised when Bradley Fine gets shot and killed by Rayna Boyanov (played by Rose Byrne) who knows all of their spies. This leads to Susan Cooper getting to be a spy, which leads to many interesting adventures.

I thought that the acting was very well done for most characters but I thought that one guy was just too unrealistic. But other than that, the characters were played pretty good most of the time.

The overall story plot was, in my eyes, not very good because of so many random things happening at the times where I thought the story was moving along, and also a plot twist. 

Overall though, I thought that it was not a bad movie, but not good in terms of language and slight lack of plot. For these reasons I would rate this movie 7.4/10

Edit: Thank-you Just Linda for pointing out the part of my review I forgot to add.. is the movie funny. The movie was actually funny, but some of the jokes were a bit crude. Even though there are more funny parts in the movie, I feel Melissa McCarthy could have not said so many bad words in the movie itself.


2 comments:

  1. is it funny or are all the best bits shown in the trailer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you for the comment. update the post to include an answer.

      Delete