Monday 13 April 2015

Movie Review: Fast and Furious 7


Before I actually get to the review, I just want to tell you that I am new to the whole fast and furious franchise. I’ve only seen one other fast and furious movie before this.

With that in mind here are my thoughts on this installment of the Fast and Furious franchise.

I went into the movie expecting lots of action because that is the type of movie it is. I was blown away by the quality of the action. It kept me on the edge of my seat and involved in every moment.

What I was even more surprised about was the story that came with the movie. The characters like Dominic Toretto played by Vin Diesel and Brian O’Conner played by the late Paul Walker had more than a thug like quality to them. There was some depth to their interaction that gave me a want to check out the rest of the story in the other movies that I felt I was missing as I watched. You could tell that these actors had a great respect and love for each other more than acting in a movie and it came through on screen.

As a young watcher, I was not comfortable with so many ladies dressed in very little clothing. I knew going into the movie there would be some partial nudity, but I felt it was not needed as much as they showed it. To show some to portray the life style of the characters is understandable but so many lingering shots took away from the overall quality of the movie.

My final thoughts on this movie are this, Great action that had a surprising touching story line that was a little over shadowed by the directors need to show a little too much skin. For these reasons I rate this movie 7.4/10

As a warning, please take a pack of tissues with you and for others as there is a great memorial to Paul Walker at the end of the movie and I think it is the best action movie end I have ever seen.

As a fun time to add to the movie experience, check out some of the racing games in the arcade when you are waiting for it to start or even better after you are done watching.




No comments:

Post a Comment