Saturday 25 April 2015

Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 Review



Well people, I decided it was time to check out a comedy after a long run of serious movies. The question to answer now is this, was this new Kevin James movie something to laugh at?

Anyways, the movie starts with a (sort of) serious prologue which surprised me because it’s a comedy movie. I thought it would go to a joke scene or something. But really it’s a prologue to know why Paul Blart continued being a mall cop after the first movie.

To be honest I find this a hard review to write because I am not a fan of saying bad things, but that is what I have to do if I want to be a Critic.

I found a lot of the jokes as crutches from the first movies. Were they funny the second time around? I would say the very quiet movie theater means no. There are some laughs to be had but not as many as I would have enjoyed.
I did like that there was some character growth but I think this ultimately was a movie that should have died before it was even written.

In all I rate this movie 5.2/10 for the few laughs and character growth but the recycled jokes just did not make the cut. 



No comments:

Post a Comment