Saturday 18 April 2015

Movie Review: The Longest Ride



Before I get to the review, I just want to say that I’m not one for romance movies, but this one seemed like one that I would want to review. Thanks!

So I took my Aunt with me as I have been told it is always good to take a date with you to a romance movie. I have to say, no matter what I think of the movie I had some really great company.

The Longest Ride has two story lines in it but it is all to lead to one conclusion which is that two people from different worlds can have a relationship and make it work.

The movie starts with Bull Rider Luke, played by Scott Eastwood being hurt in a big rodeo and then fast forwarding to a year later when he is getting back on the bull to try and get his career back on track. We also are introduced to Sofia, played by Britt Robertson who is an art major in school. She meets Luke when she goes to the rodeo with her friends. They go on their first date and that is when they meet Ira, played by Alan Alda as they save him and his letters from a car accident. It is at this point we get introduced to our second story line because Sofia helps Ira read the letters he sent to his wife Ruth over the many years of their relationship.

 I went into the movie knowing it was a romance movie but thought it would be really good because of the western theme I saw in the commercials. There weren’t many of the things I was looking for, but it did leave my Aunt crying so I am guessing it worked.

Not sure my life will ever be a romance movie but for those people who like this type of movie genre I think they will enjoy themselves.

I rate this movie 7.3/10 because it hit emotionally for my Aunt but romance movies aren’t quite my thing.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on these last two reviews, Sam. I love the humour you inject into your reviews and that you are looking for the human connections. Awesome work. It's an amazing thing to be reading and see how much your voice is evolving in such a short period of time.

    ReplyDelete