Thursday 30 April 2015

Movie Review: Age of Adaline



Age of Adaline is a romance movie about a woman named Adaline (played by Blake Lively) who, due to a freak car accident, stopped aging at the age of 29. Many years later, she meets Ellis Jones (played by Michiel Huisman) at a New Year’s Eve party and they decide to go out on a date.

The story plot wasn’t as predictable as I thought, but it didn’t exactly keep me on the edge of my seat either. But the overall movie was better than expected, going from the commercials, but still a better movie than other movies that I’ve seen. I think the voice over at the beginning and end to explain why Adaline has the ability to not age took too much of the movie and I think it wasn’t as necessary as they might have thought.

Blake Lively did a very interesting acting choice with this movie. She portrayed a character who seemed content with her life but always had this sense of sadness around her. The storyline to that made sense as every 10 years she had to change her name and life. I enjoyed her interaction with the older actors and their character links like Harrison Ford as a past love interest and father to her current boyfriend. Not to mention the dynamic with her 83 year old daughter played by Ellen Burstyn.


Overall, the acting was pretty believable, especially in most of the emotional scenes, but not so much in the car crash scene near the start of the movie, even though the lightning effect looked really cool. For these reasons, I would rate this movie 8.9/10



No comments:

Post a Comment